This breathing technique is a very gentle, relaxing breath that can be used to wake up the body, get your energy flowing and bring awareness. Sit comfortably or lie on the floor.
- Start with a yawn, stretch your jaw, let your throat open and feel your chest expand. Do this 1-3 times or as many times as feels good to you.
- Let your stomach relax and be soft, breathe gently in through your mouth filling your lungs but not working to expand them more than is easy.
- Allow your inhale to flow seamlessly into your exhale. Don’t contract or squeeze or force the air out, simply let the breath fall out of your mouth.
- Repeat, letting your exhale flow into your inhale and your inhale flow into your exhale in one continuous movement. Spend 5-10 minutes in this way (setting a timer helps keep the chatter down in your mind)
- To finish take 3 deep, purposeful breaths.
Check in with how your body feels now. Are you more relaxed? More awake? Can you feel more sensation in your body than you did before?