This spell casting ingredient is a staple for all kinds of witches. Black salt is a very handy ingredient to have in your cupboard, it can be used for protection, banishing, and breaking hexes and can also be used for laying simple hexes and curses of your own. It’s useful for driving away anything and everything from depression, nasty spirits, other magic workers, and even unwanted guests.
Black salt is also surprisingly simple to make! Using a mortar and pestle is ideal but if you haven’t got one you can just as easily mix your ingredients in a food processor or spice grinder though I would recommend thoroughly cleaning it afterward.
You Will Need:
- Sea Salt
- Charcoal (from a fire is best but in a pinch you can just as easily use activated charcoal powder)
- A pinch of black pepper
- Incense ashes (cone incense works well)
- A Mortar and Pestle
Grind the pepper and charcoal into a fine powder before adding your salt. Add salt slowly, making sure not to add so much that the color becomes more grey than black. When your salt is evenly mixed, transfer it into a fireproof container and use the salt as a bed to burn a cone of incense. When the incense has burned out, mix the ashes into the salt.
Store the salt in an airtight container. If you live in a humid environment the charcoal and salt will suck up all of the moisture from the air leaving you with damp salt or, if left long enough, a black salt brick.
The black salt is now ready to use, the most basic way to use it is to make a line of black salt just outside of the front and back thresholds of your house. Some people may also line their windows.
Other Ways to Use Black Salt:
- Hiding a small bag of black salt in your workplace is said to absorb anger, moodiness and gossip.
- Sprinkling black salt under your bed or keeping it next to your bed will help ward away nightmares.
- Sprinkling a bit of black salt behind an unwanted guest will cause them to leave your home.
- Black salt can be used for casting circles (though use with care as the charcoal will stain just about anything
- Add a pinch to floor washes before cleansing your home to send negativity and bad spirits away (again, just a pinch to avoid staining)
Ever wondered if you’re really prepared to handle the dangers of the craft?
Or maybe you’ve recently come face to face with these dangers and you’re determined to be better prepared next time.
Either way, you need to learn magical defense. This set of skills is absolutely paramount for new witches, witches looking to take their work to the next level, and even witches who are just looking for a little more peace and quiet in their spiritual lives. The craft doesn’t have to be dangerous, stressful, or traumatic!
In Defensive Magic For Beginners, I’ve created a step by step learning path that will give you the boost you need to start defending yourself confidently today.